It is so lovely to see real community values. My challenge has allowed me to see these values as my local community are all pulling together to try and support me in my endeavour. It's so rewarding. Since going public with my challenge I have had several offers from many people in my area, some whom I know well and others that I am just meeting for the first time after they heard about this challenge.
I have had offers of help from my local doctor's surgery, sports club, beauty salon, dry cleaners and many other on the high street offering to display posters and hand out the leaflets I created about my challenge. I've also been offered places on the various Newsletters and social media of local businesses. I am totally taken back by the level of support offered to me by everyone around me.
Over the next few weeks, people in my community have arranged a lot of fundraising opportunities for my challenge, including bake sales and raffles. I even had cash handed to me while I was on the park exercise machines! There is even talks about a 'Mass Marathon training session' with local residents who wish to join in and support me.
The amount of people that tell me they have put the dates of my challenge in their diaries so that they can come and support me and cheer me on is totally amazing and so surreal.
I really do feel supported by my community but also from the Sparks team and Deutsche Bank team. I know that if I wasn't as supported as I am, I wouldn't have been able to even consider the massive challenge of the London Marathon as a possibility. it is actually becoming a real possibility. I can't believe that the London Marathon 2016 is only 45 days away.
It's all becoming so real!
Please sponsor me HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment