![]() |
| With my Grandparents |
I'm walking daily now and monitoring my progress and sharing my
story. I'm starting to feel proud of the progress made and the journey I'm on.
Seeing that people are donating and it's over £1000 at the moment is totally amazing! I hear my parents talking so much about what I'm undertaking and I
can hear the pride and support in every word they say.
I hear my sisters saying encouraging words to support me, telling me to keep me going. I've had such kind offers from my cousins who've said they'll meet up to walk with
me. They've even set up a training group chat. It feels surreal that it's all about
me. I'm the weakest, the slowest, the least sporty of them all and they are
there, encouraging me to keep going.
My grandparents are so cute! They tried to hide their emotions
when I'm walking. I know it's tears of utter joy and pride as the tiny premature baby they held and prayed to survive IS doing OK. They tried to walk with me. My Grandad talks about a poem I wrote to him 8 years ago for his birthday:
My Grandad
My Grandad never rushes and walks so nice and slow
He walks at a pace, one that I know
He never says hurry up
He always takes his time
I love to walk Grandad, as his steps are short like mine
They don't stop or give their time
I'm glad that God made Grandad
Not rushed and just so kind
My Grandad takes little steps just as small as mine
He never rushes anywhere he always takes his time
Others pass us by, while we sit and take our time
My Granddad understands me that's because he's mine.
(Zoe, aged 10)
It's amazing that those words written years ago are still so
relevant today.
I'm so pleased that I can make others feel proud. It's something
that will keep me going throughout the challenge. I walk daily in my local park
and have conversations about my challenge with other park users. I'm taken aback as many have offered to join me on my daily walks. It's become
a very social experience. It has made people more aware of the daily challenges
I faced before doing the marathon, as well as the things I am facing and trying
to overcome because of the London Marathon.
This is first time I've seen people where I live fully
understand and appreciate my physical struggles. I have found that a lot of
people I talk to show a greater level of respect for what I am
trying to do and the size of the challenge I am trying to complete. I feel like
it's making people see me on another level which is not pity but
admiration and respect for my courage and determination to succeed in the goals
I set myself.
Help me reach my target and support Sparks, donate here.


No comments:
Post a Comment