Friday, 22 January 2016

Hello!


My name is Zoe North and I have an condition called Cerebral palsy as a result of being born at 26 weeks! Weighing only 2pound2oz, I measured the length of my father's wristwatch. With a face cloth as my blanket, I made it through the early days. 

Then at diagnosis my parents were told I would never walk, talk, or be independent within my lifetime. In fact I may not survive.

Both my family and I spent time and went to great efforts to overcome many challenges & to thankfully prove them all wrong. Believe me, it wasn't easy by any means but I did it.
Here I am 18 years later able to walk, talk and I am independent.

To mark my 18th year I have decided to take up an enormous physical challenge - I'm going to participate in the 2016 London Marathon. I have had many struggles and challenges to over come in my short lifetime but this is definitely my biggest challenge to date!

The purpose of this blog is to allow people to follow my journey from start to finish. I plan to use this blog to document all my efforts, triumphs and struggles throughout this process. Please follow this journey with me. Please help me to face this challenge and raise important funds for the charity Sparks. Sparks funds medical research projects to help understand or even eliminate some of the difficulties children and their families face.

I was born into this world too soon and I arrived too small, but once here I want to aim big and stand tall so please support me.

Zoe North

Please sponsor me here.
Me measuring the length on my father wrist watch. 

Me 18 years on.

No comments:

Post a Comment